Junior Wellness Coach
ABOUT BAYLESS INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE
Bayless Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassion: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others, and wanting to do something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always provide care for our colleagues, our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is creative a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to follow through.
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our goals.
The Junior Wellness Coach position is responsible for providing virtual health assessments, individual wellness coaching sessions, and group learning sessions (psychoeducational lifestyle management) to patients enrolled in an employee assistance program. The Junior Wellness Coach reports to the Wellness Coach and is on a multi-disciplinary treatment team. In addition, the Junior Wellness Coach participates in the triage and coordination of care for patients to begin therapy services. The goals of this position are to help patients increase their quality of life associated with lifestyle management behaviors (stress reduction, nutrition, sleep hygiene, smoking cessation, mindfulness, etc.). The Junior Wellness Coach will also administer screenings, assessments, and referrals for ongoing primary care, behavioral health, psychiatric services. This position has multiple openings, which include three different shifts (7AM-3PM, 3PM-11PM, and 11PM-7AM) and are remote based.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide brief screening and comprehensive health assessments
- Provide virtual individual wellness coaching sessions
- Provide virtual group learning sessions on lifestyle management topics
- Coordinate the delivery of integrated care services to patients, in collaboration with clinical staff
- Schedules patients for necessary follow-up appointments as needed
- Completes referrals when necessary
- Enters all information related to patient demographics, eligibility, and care on a timely and accurate basis
- Notifies all appropriate clinical staff to initiate services after assessment
- Provides case management services to patients when applicable
- Engages families, stakeholders, and other supports for the primary purpose of developing a strengths-based plan
- Works collaboratively with treatment team members to engage, educate, and communicate with identified patients and their families regarding their care
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, nursing, health education, or other related field
- One to three years’ behavioral health experience preferred
- Motivational Interviewing training preferred
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work independently