Director of Behavioral Health Operations
ABOUT BAYLESS INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE
Bayless Integrated Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core
Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassionate: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others and wanting to do
something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always provide care for our colleagues,
our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver
high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body
language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is
creating a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to
achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and
create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong
work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our
The Director of Behavioral Health Operations ensures all BH clinicians follow clinical and ethical guidelines. This role
provides leadership and guidance to the behavioral health services team. In addition, provides oversight and support
to those in BH supervisory roles.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Partners with VP of Behavioral Health to gauge trends in patient satisfaction and patient outcomes. Manages
complaints and quality of care concerns, including resolution and follow-up and collaborates with appropriate
staff, escalates to VP as appropriate.
• Coordinates the hiring, training, and evaluation of BH supervisor team and provides them with
• Assists VP in composing appropriate policies, developing standard operating procedures, cascades to team as
• Monitors and implements polices/procedures as needed to improve patient access to care.
• Assists in monitoring and improving BH team productivity.
• Assists in the development and implementation of innovative clinical strategies necessary to meet the everincreasing and changing needs of our targeted population.
• Oversees training and development for BH team to ensure consistency across team.
• Daily crisis management and escalates to VP as appropriate.
• Ensure delivery and oversite of quality based, cost effective services through coordinated utilization review and
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
• Licensed as a Behavioral Health Professional in the State of Arizona per A.R.S. Title 9, Chapter 20
• Must have at least five years of experience in the behavioral health field
• Must have a minimum of three years experience providing clinical supervision (additional supervisory experience
• Strong project management skills,