Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
What You'll Get
*** $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS***
*all bonuses are paid out after your first 90 days*
Full Time VIRTUAL or Hybrid Positions - AZ license required
Access to an INTEGRATED care team
Health/Dental/Vision available 1st of the month, following first 30 days
401K + PTO after 90 days
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with the physician(s), provides medical care and treatment for
clients with psychiatric illnesses along the lifespan in an outpatient or tele-psych setting. Treatment includes
assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the patient care amongst a multi-disciplinary team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout Bayless facilities.
- Identifies patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
- Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
- Provides mental health education to patients, healthcare and medical staff.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment
- recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those
- assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as
- planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. Participate in case reviews and
- contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
- Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in nursing and a nurse practitioner master's degree with focus on psychiatric nursing
- Three to five years’ clinical experience preferred
- Must have fluency in documenting into an electronic medical record
- Must have active CPR and First Aid certifications
- Strong project management skills, including complex projects resulting in measurable program growth
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a valid fingerprint clearance card and have a recent tuberculosis test on file
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities required